Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Why I'm Lucky

I suppose these kinds of posts tend to just show up when it is an anniversary or birthday, but today I felt inspired. I am married to my best friend in the whole world. He makes me laugh all the time, but even more than that, he lets me be me, supports me and helps me. He encourages me to keep going, keep achieving, keep discovering what I'm passionate about.


Some of you may not know, but Enoch is in charge at our house in the mornings. I have to be at work just shortly after the kids wake up (if they are awake yet) and Enoch takes on the task of getting them dressed, hair done, breakfast, teeth brushed, backpacks together and out the door. He is a superb listening ear and will let me vent to him even when I've had a bad day, frustrating meeting or teens that have pushed me to the brink of sanity.

His support doesn't just extend to me. Every year he either coaches or takes an active role in assisting coaches with our kids teams. He knows how to motivate and inspire the kids, teach them correct ideas and quality values and have lots of fun doing it.
He is the priesthood holder in our family and I'm constantly amazed at the perspective he has with our kids. He encourages discipline and for the kids to learn individual responsibility, but not only that, he is supportive of me as a parent and requires respect from the kids toward me.

Enoch is hard working (economy aside). He is a perfectionist and will not settle for a product that isn't the quality work he is accustomed to completing. He has great personal skills when interacting with his customers and manages situations that would have my anger level in the red with calm, even if he isn't feeling that calm on the inside. I wish I had his ability to just blow things off, forget them, move on and disregard.

He's not perfect. Neither am I. But I'm really happy that our imperfections seem to work together, that we communicate like we do and can work out our problems. I have had some difficult issues this year due to a number of circumstances, but I know, always, that when I need Enoch to be there, he will be there.

He is absolutely my dream guy.

No comments: