Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I did it again

I have myself maxed-out. I have many, many things going on, each on their own not something very difficult, but combined, pure ridiculous craziness.

Especially on Tuesdays.

School started - teacher again.
New calling - 2nd Counselor in Primary Presidency
Three kids in soccer
Dad coaching all three
Mom coaching when games overlap
Ellie in dance
Sophomore class advisor
Homecoming in two weeks - in charge of two halls
Sadie's six weeks after homecoming - Freshmen and Sophomores in charge
Ping pong club advisor - not a huge deal but a little paperwork
Two graduate classes
Implementation of a new curriculum that everyone is observing as the possible new model for English classes at CHS.

Yup - no stress.

Most of the time, it's okay, because with a carefully planned schedule, I can make everything work. But then there are those hormonal times when everything is a disaster, tragedy, inescapable devastation. Unfortunately, the burden of these times is Enoch, who is a saint and absolutely wonderful. I think he knows when it isn't personal - just estrogen, because he just walks away and doesn't say anything.

Those of you who know him know this isn't common for him.

So I just have to breathe, have a piece of chocolate (Have you tried the new coconut M&M's??? Or the dark chocolate mini Reese's cups?), a cold Diet Coke and remember that the stress is more in my head than in reality.

How's that for my bit of craziness for the day??

5 comments:

Charlotte said...

Oh man, do you EVER need those brownies!

If you lived up here, I'd make a batch tonight and take you a few. (But I'd keep the lion's share for myself. That's how good they are, and that's how I am.)

Tasha said...

LOL! There is a reason why when I take brownies to someone, they are on a plate and not in the pan. Yup, I share just enough to be nice...but not enough to give them more than I can eat :)

Jake said...

I can't stand those dark chocolate Reese's. I don't like the white chocolate ones either.

Mellissa said...

You are one busy lady. Good luck with everything. And I haven't tried the new coconut M&M's but I think I now will.

Vanessa said...

I'm exactly like that! I take on way too much and feel like Superwoman and then estrogen kicks in . . . I swear, sometimes I can eat a piece of chocolate when I am stressed to the max and then I feel like I can breath again. All the stress gone with just one bite (and many more after!).

Good luck with it all!