Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Composers C through J


Sorry for the delay on the rest.  I had the goal of posting them every other day, but just had my other foot surgery and was working on that...percocet free I'm happy to report.  Of course, it hurts more, but I can think - decent trade-off I think :)  Lots of contemporary works in this group of composers, but I don't think any of them enter the weird phase.  And apparently blogspot hates me right now and the formatting is very strange...not sure how to fix without doing an intensive html overhaul...sorry.

Copland
Fanfare for the Common Man, Appalachian Spring
Capua & Capurro
O Sole Mio
Davies 
Farewell to Stromness
 
 Debussy 
Cake Walk, Clair de Lune
 
Delibes
Lakme
Dukas
The Sorcerer's Apprentice

Dvorak 
Humoresque in G-flat minor, Symphony No. 9, Piano Concerto in G minor 
 
Elgar
Cello Concerto, Enigma Variations, Violin Concerto in B minor
Faure
Cantique de Jean Racine
Grieg
1st Piano Concerto, Wedding Day at Troldhaugen, In the Hall of the Mountain King & Morning (Peer Gynt Suite - I have horrible memories of trying to earn Anita's Dance from this - still hate it)
Gershwin
Rhapsody in Blue (orchestral), Piano Concerto in F
Handel
Zadok the Priest, Music for the Royal Fireworks, Messiah,Water Music
Holst
Mars & Jupiter (The Planets - You should probably listen to the whole work at least once, but these are my favorites - Neptune really drives me a bit mad...) 
Jenkins 
Benedictus  

Joplin 
Elite Syncopations, The Entertainer, Maple Leaf Rag - really his works are all quite impressive

No comments: