Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Recognition

Sometimes things like this just make my day.


Dear Tasha,

As a senior member of the family that established the Nobel Prizes, I understand the tradition and importance of recognizing excellence. Your name and accomplishments have been brought to my attention by your student Malorie ________. Malorie is a member of The National Society of High School Scholars, an organization I formed in 2002 to extend to the youth of the world my family's legacy of encouraging excellence.

I asked NSHSS members to select one teacher they would like to honor as an Educator of Distinction and thank for being an exceptional role model. Malorie has selected you as a favorite teacher and an educator who works hard to make a difference in the lives of students. I want to thank you for your efforts on behalf of all students and particularly for contributing so much to Malorie's academic success.

Your dedication and your commitment to excellence deserve recognition, and I want you to know that your efforts are appreciated. Please accept a warm thank you from Malorie and my personal congratulations on your success.

Kind regards,

Claes Nobel
Chair, Advisory Board

5 comments:

Mellissa said...

That is really nice! It does feel good to be recognized for your hard work. Congratulations!

Charlotte said...

Well deserved! Congratulations.

Erin said...

Way to be!

Janet S. said...

Super. That's a really nice way for great students to say "thank you."

Harmony said...

Wow! That is pretty darn cool!