Friday, October 8, 2010

My Creative Kids

I love my kids.  I love their personalities and their creativity and their overall inventiveness.  There have been creatures, inventions and overall hilariousness that I have wanted to preserve.  These are some of the reasons raising kids are so much fun and things I don't want to forget - ever.

However, I don't know about you, but my kids go through paper. 

Lots of paper.

REAMS of paper. 

Will loves to create different creatures, combine different ideas, etc.  Ellie writes books and songs daily.  Catie is currently on a princess kick and is drawing castles frequently.  I have seen several ideas on how to encourage this but not push it to the point where I'm just months away from being featured on a show about hoarders. 

About a year ago, I saw this blog mentioned on Shannon Hale's blog and I knew I had found my answer. 

I have started a blog for my kids to share their work.  I decided that would be a great way for me to share what they have accomplished without it overtaking this blog (which is VERY far behind - I have two new book reviews to add and a big project I've been working on that's getting closer).  As soon as I have the time to figure out how to make a button I'll add it to the upper right hand corner - right now it is just a link...

Please don't feel like you have to visit all the time - or even at all.  It is public but with comment moderation set up, but if you find something in your visits, feel free to leave a comment.  

And please, if you are in the same situation as I am, steal the idea, scan in the lovely pieces and then purge as you please without guilt. 

2 comments:

Harmony said...

I like the blog idea Tash. I've occasionally taken pictures of my kids' artwork and school projects so I could get them out of the house, but I've never thought of just scanning them in. Of course photos would still work better with bigger or 3D pieces. I like to have the kids hold their own artwork in the photos too.

Tasha Seegmiller said...

I like the idea of photos as well - I will have to try to remember that with some of the projects :)