Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Fallen

This is another one of those books that Amazon kept recommending to me based on my other reviews and I finally grabbed it.  I figured it would be a quick read but some reviews I read were reasonably favorable and I decided to give it a try.

This is a story about a girl named Luce - short for Lucinda.  She has just had a tragedy in her life, her boyfriend was killed by a fire which she is being blamed for, and thus she is sent to a sort of private reform school for her senior year.  She has multiple encounters with these things, shadows, that have been in her life for years, and it is these shadows that she believe is the cause of the fire that killed her boyfriend, and they seem to be gaining power.  In the meantime, there are people at this school she is drawn to that she shouldn't be, and mysterious events that start to occur, leading Luce to believe she is somehow connect to this unknown force, and that the shadows have something to do with it.

This was a pretty well written book.  I felt like the characters were well developed and that the plot was interesting.  I started to know what was happening part way through, but Kate kept enough of her secrets hidden that there were still some surprises.  It is YA and therefore brain candy, but smart enough that I could validate the time.  There were a few events that were a little cliche, but I still devoured the book and immediately sought out the sequel. 

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I really enjoyed this "brain candy". It was a fun read. I just got done with the sequel and enjoyed it also. Thanks for your reviews!

Melissa Cox