Friday, October 28, 2011

Trusting Spellcheck...

With the summer, I know many of you missed the opportunity to laugh at students who have the mantra of "In Spellcheck We Trust".  Well, here's a great one for you.

My creative writing students just finished up their Horror/Mystery/Thriller assignment.  This example comes from a story where two cops are trying to solve some murders when they find another body.  One cop asks if the other thinks it's the same killer, and we have this in response.

"Most defiantly.  Not a bone in my body doubts that we have a cereal killer on our hands."

Aren't most killers defiant?  Especially those who harbor an unnatural hatred of breakfast foods. 

5 comments:

Danny and Cathy said...

haha that is funny. it made me laugh. i should start posting some of the funny things that come out of my students too.

Lydia Kang said...

Tony the Tiger better watch his back.

Great post, totally provided a hearty laugh. :)

Lillie McFerrin said...

Haha! This is awesome.

Also, I have given you an award on my blog!

Jeigh said...

Funny! I'm a defiant cereal killer, myself :)

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

lol, gotta watch those cereal killers... imagine the chalk lines! ;)