Thursday, April 5, 2007

Introduction

I'm Tasha - mom of three kids, Will, Ellie and Catie, hence the name of this blog. We have a family blog (see the links) where I post what has been happening with our family, etc. but wanted to have a space where I could post more about me, my thoughts, life, experiences, etc without taking up all the space of the family's site.

I'm currently on a quest to get in shape, and not doing a great job. My dad's going to help me figure out what I could be doing better and for the next week, I'm going to write down everything I eat everyday and everything I do physically everyday. It's not the number on the scale that's bothering me as much as not fitting in what I want - so I'm going to see about changing that.

I LOVE reading - I can only remember one book that I truly hated reading and Oprah had it on her list as well as it winning a Pulitzer - I don't know what - It's One Hundred Years of Solitude by Marquez - I dreaded the whole book after the first chapter. Since I love reading so much, I just have a running list of what I've read on this blog.

I also love classical music, and a great deal of rock, but I'm kindof a music snob I guess because I'm very picky about what I'll listen to - I'll get around to a list of that sometime soon.

I'm currently trying to get a job as a high school English teacher - I just missed out on the opportunity to have a job next year - lost it to a teacher who had been teaching at the local university, so I guess that's good that she has experience and is going to add to the English program at Cedar High, but I'm still incredibly bummed that I didn't get the job. It's one of the two things that I'm completely passionate about (the other's being a mom if you didn't figure that out already).

Well, Scrubs reruns are on- what a great way to end the day. More later.

4 comments:

Harmony said...

Looks great Tash. How did you do the lists? Was that part of the template you chose?

Tasha said...

I think so - I just went to the page where you can add photos to the main site and they were there. I would think they are on all the templates....

Joy said...

Glad I'm not the only other mom insane about reading...when I talk about books I am reading my friends all get this glazed look in their eyes.

Tasha said...

Yes - that's a big pet peeve for me too...see my next post...