Sunday, June 17, 2007

My Last 20's Birthday

Yea, I turned the age that I hear everyone talking about wanting to be - Today I'm 29. In all honesty, I really don't feel like I am old enough to be as old as I am and while I'm really not that old, the idea of being almost done with my 20's seems strange. I guess it is because when I was in my teens, I felt like I was stuck at an age that I just didn't get and couldn't wait until I was old enough to have a job - driving was a bonus, old enough to vote - turned 18 in an election year, and was considered legally an adult.

Now I'm 29 and I have everything in the world that I could want. I have three amazing children who I adore, a husband who I fall in love with again at least once a week, a degree in a subject that I am continually fascinated with and a teaching certificate with the chance to teach at CHS this fall (we'll see if the fact that the principal asked me to apply for the job the second time increases my odds of having the job more than the first time). In all honesty, there isn't a single thing that I would change in my life (okay, maybe a van that the door doesn't occasionally fall off of would be good) and I am continually amazed at the great life I have. I have seen so many marriages that for one reason or another just don't quite make it, and I feel very blessed that my sweetheart and very best friend in the whole world is so amazingly good to me, making me laugh and smile all the time. I am truly blessed.

Okay, now the reality part. I really don't have lots of close friends. I never have, but the friends that I do have I love with all my heart - Kristine in Reno who makes me laugh everytime I talk to her, Tiana in the DC area who just gets me because we are English nerds together eventhough she is much smarter than I am, and recently Jessica here in good ole Enoch who I met because her husband and Enoch are two peas from the same pod, so double dating was a natural thing and luckily we get along really well. Yea, those are about the only people who I really keep in touch with and there are times when I wish I had more friends, but the ones I have are truly priceless and eventhough I don't always get to talk with them, they mean the world to me.

So, there you have it - I have a great life and I AM NOT OLD, but feel like I know a little more now than I did even a few years ago, and as GI Joe used to say, knowing is half the battle, so I guess I'm winning.

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Tasha,

What a nice surprise it was for me this morning to come in and see your note on my blog! Thank you so much for writing it!

Your dad helped me grow from a shy, awkward, scrawny freshman to a confident, fun-loving, gee-maybe-I-can-do-it-after-all senior. The lessons and skills I learned while being one of Coach Decker's runners have blessed me in pretty much every other area of my life since then. I will ALWAYS be grateful to him.

Thanks again for commenting. It's been fun to look over your blog and get a taste of good old Cedar City again.

-char