Monday, June 18, 2007

Things I Remembered I Like

Yes, that seems like a weird topic, but it is what it is. I made a necklace for my sister Roni because her birthday is just six days after mine and because it is always right around Father's day, we always just do a three in one Sunday. As I was making her necklace, I remembered that I really enjoy making jewelry. I started because I decided that I needed a hobby (and reading isn't a hobby, it is just a necessity of life) and scrapbooking takes tons of time and money that I didn't want to contribute to paper and glue, and I don't really enjoy needle work (sewing, crocheting or knitting) so I defaulted to making jewelry and I love it. The bonus is that Enoch gave me a tackle box with additional storage trays for all of my beading stuff, so now I'm more organized!!!

Organization - I don't know what happened but just after March, my house just went to pot - I couldn't stay on top of things, toys were everywhere, paper, dishes, etc. I have recently been buying and labeling all sorts of things to make my house more organized and I'm loving it!!! Now if I could just figure out how to get my room clean....

Grapes - yea, I buy them all the time for the kids but really haven't eaten many in a long time - I don't know why, just haven't. They're delicious!!!

The apple slicer/corer things that you just push down over a whole apple and it slices and cores the apple. I had one that broke last summer and have since just sliced apples, but those things are so slick that it's truly a shame to waste time with a knife.

Cooking - yea, eating out lots over a two and a half week period helped me remember that I wanted to cook more. The only problem with that is I hate the cleanup which directly contradicts my liking things organized so I'm in a conundrum.

To Kill a Mockingbird - I just picked this up because I didn't have enough to read already :) and I love this book!!! I don't know how many people realize what a great book it is the first time they read it, but I think what makes a classic a classic is that you can return to it again and again and learn something new and see it's brilliance because both you have grown and the book is just that good.

1 comment:

Harmony said...

Good luck with the organizing. I'm a wannabe organizer too, but it's so much easier said than done! I've been going through boxes and closets in preparation for moving and remembering that I like to throw stuff away and consolidate, but there's never enough time to get things just how I want them. A place for everything and everything in it's place is just a dream of mine.