Thursday, February 7, 2008

STRESS!!!

I have had two of the most stressful weeks of my life and I'm on the verge of losing my sanity. I have had to administer the UBSCT (pronounced You Biscuit by educators) for the last three days during my prep, which means that I have been trying to get extra work done in other times during my life which I haven't had. For a week, I couldn't find a babysitter and played the game of call everyone I know the night before (Thankfully this has been resolved until our new sitter has her baby in April). I am still prepping two new units, To Kill a Mockingbird and Playwriting, which has been taking tons of my time and add all the craziness of normal life, sprained ankle healing, trying to eat right, workout well, and keep my composure.

I had one of those we-aren't-really-fighting-but-this-isn't-a-pleasant-conversation moments with Enoch last night which still isn't settling well with me and all week I have felt the inadequacies of not being a good mom, spiritual leader, housekeeper and recently cook. I'm finally caught up on grades (except for one class) but my desk is a mess and completely unorganized. I think I'm at the point where I either need a really good cry or a really good workout, and I'm not sure I up to either...maybe both. I have hit a pinnacle of stress, and the much anticipated weekend away that I was supposed to get last weekend was cancelled because of President Hinckley's death (look for thoughts on this when I have my mind back).

Then the only presidential candidate that didn't make me vomit to listen to him talk had to drop out today. Basically, this week isn't looking like it's going to get any better any time soon.

I need a break from reality.

SOON.

1 comment:

Harmony said...

I hear ya. I was really looking forward to that weekend away too, but it sounds like I didn't need it quite as much as you did. I hope you survive until your plate is a little more clear. You're in my prayers.