Sunday, July 5, 2009

Dragon Flight

This is the second book in the series by Jessica Day George. Quite often, when the ideas are as far fetched as people who can talk to dragons and said dragons can be controlled by others to do things they don't want to, the story doesn't sound like it is going to be of any quality. This, fortunately, isn't the case with Dragon Flight.

Yes, the ideas are far-fetched and the explaination of them would not be something you would think could be enjoyable, but it really is. I truly believe that the dragons feel what they feel. I truly believe that what Creel is able to create out of her fabric and stiches would really do what is described. I can imagine the dragons, the different settings are true enough to be believable, and I found this was a book that I just did not want to stop reading.

These books are probably for middle grade readers. They are probably also dragons books for girls. The action and description are written in a way to keep boys attention, but like the first one, there is a bit of giggly girls and anticipated romance. And lots of gushing over gowns, fine silks, etc. This much I can say, I can't wait to read the next one. Really, how many series can you say that about after reading the first two???

BTW This is my 50th book review on this blog - yeah! Do a little reading dance (not sure how that would look...)

No comments: