Tuesday, July 13, 2010

City of Glass

Third book.  Inhaled it.  I made myself wait until this morning to start and found I can do many things while reading.  I just couldn't bring myself to wait to read this at all. 

This book takes the reader through the journey of self-discovery for many of the characters as they come to grips with the events that have taken place in their lives.  Jace, Alec, Clary, Simon and Luke all take a journey to figure out who they are and what their role is in the society they are connected to.  There is still the threat from Valentine and the demons he is manipulating.  Clary discovers that she is more capable than she thought, struggles with her relationship with both Jace and Simon and meets more of the Shadowhunters.  Jace somehow is endearing and there are times when I felt sympathy for him, something I doubted was possible when he was first introduced. 

The conclusion of the series was just right.  I guess Clare is writing another book with the focus shifting to another character who is trying to sort some things out (nope, not telling who and why - would be a major spoiler).  Sometimes I don't like the shift to a different character so I don't know if I'll read it, but I'm delighted with the reading experience I had with these three books. I scarcely remember devouring such big books so quickly, but I couldn't stay away. I would love to journey to this world.  What an amazing reading adventure.

4 comments:

Sew It To Me said...

Ooh, I can tell you all about it! I feel like for the first time I read a book/series before you. :) It's a really good series and the next one is even better. ;)

Vanessa D.

Tasha Seegmiller said...

There are lots of people who have read lots of books I haven't :)

Harmony said...

I'm intrigued. What age range would you recommend these books to? My older boys are looking for some new books. I'm guessing these might be too mature for them?

Tasha Seegmiller said...

These are too old for your boys - probably would hold off on these until high school -

Let me think about your boys - I'll get back to you.