I know you have all been holding your breath to hear about this, but this is my summer reading list. I've been pretty good at maintaining a book a week for the last month, and I plan on trying to maintain that pace throughout the summer. Granted some are a little longer and more difficutl reads than others, but I figure I have 12 weeks of summer vacation so 12 books should be feasible.
1. The Amber Spyglass - Philip Pullman (book three of his trilogy - the review of The Subtle Knife is coming)
2. Water For Elephants
3. New Moon
4. The Historian
5. The Memory Keeper's Daughter
6. The Uglies Books - I have the first three, but I don't think they are going to be a hard read
7. Chronicles of Narnia - I just started the Magician's Nephew - not a hard read
8. In the Time of Butterflies
9. The Road
10. Things Fall Apart
11. The Invisible Man - Ellison's not Wells'
12. The Atonement
I realize this is a very ambitious goal, but considering all the time I spend outside watching the kids play, driving too and from Reno in July and the fact that the kids play with each other really well now and would prefer half the time not to have me intervene, I think I can get it. This doesn't include all the new books I got for my classroom for next year or the books that I need to revisit in preparation for next year, but just what I want to read. Don't worry. Each will be accompanied by a completely opinionate review for your reading pleasure.